Starters & Snacks
Looking for a snack for the road, when your hiking along some trails or just something to munch on? This sweet and savory trail mix will have you reaching your hand in for more and more. This is a recipe that is not only good to pack in sandwich bags, you can also put this in yogurt and salads.
The Gravenstein Apple is an incredibly hard varietal to find due to the difficulty farmers have cultivating it. It's grown in pockets up the coast of Northern California and prized for it's amazing ambrosia perfume, and crisp, sweet-tart cream colored flesh. Our Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic is a delectable culinary symphony. Pairing a Mild extra Virgin Olive Oil with our Gravestein Apple White Balsamic lets the flavors of the spices and the nuts come through.
- 1/4 cup Mild Portuguese Chiqitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (AKA pepitas)
- 6 dates (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 300° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour on the baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the nuts are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the trail mix to completely cool before serving. Enjoy!
MILD PORTUGUESE CHIQUITITA
We are an olive oil shop. So, of course we are going to have a bread dip recipe for you! These are our favorite ingredients mixed together. It's garlicy, herby, a little spicy, a little salty, and 100% amazing!
Now, it is always fun to add fused and infused olive oil to your recipe, but we prefer to go with an Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Our Medium Italian Nocellara Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a Sicilian variety displaying sweet berry, apple and confectionary notes. It's balance is a desirable astringency of pepperiness with a pleasant creamy mouth feel. This olive oil will bring a perfect balance of flavor, without overpowering the seasoning.
We highly recommend mixing a large batch of the dried ingredients together and storing them in a jar. That way you have your seasoning ready!
- Onion powder
- Cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Medium Italian Nocellara Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add rest of ingredients and olive oil into shallow bowl.
- Add some Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and Parmesan cheese to bring it to the next level. Enjoy!
This is the perfect recipe for creating a twist on the clastic Italian bruschetta! Chimichurri is a flavorful sauce commonly found in South America. Typically used with red meat, we decided to try something different and added it as a sauce for bruschetta. We found that the creaminess and notes of tomato leaf in the Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil balanced the acidic bite of the Sherry Reserva, complimenting the flavorful ingredients in the sauce.
From Jerez, Spain and made in the traditional system, our Sherry Reserva 25 year aged Wine Vinegar, has a true sherry flavor that can only come from cask-aging. This Spanish vinegar is fabulous in reduction sauces, glazes and whenever strength and depth of flavor is desired. It is natural, has no artificial flavors, no thickeners, no added sugars, no caramel color or dyes, no artificial flavors and added ingredients whatsoever!
Our beautifully balanced Medium Spanish Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil has prominent notes of tomato leaf and stone fruit with a creamy center, lingering pepper, and an astringent finish. It is visually stunning and complex in flavor.
- 1 bunch flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves and small stems
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Medium Spanish Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. red wine
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 dried bay leaves, crushed in a spice grinder to a fine powder (discard any large pieces)
- Ground pepper, black or white
- 1 tomato, diced
- Asparagus or Broccoli
- Sausages, sliced (if you want to add meat)
- Artisan Bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Drizzle vegetables with Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Roast until al dente.
- Cook whatever protein you want. We suggest sausages roasted in the oven.
- Chop parsley in a food processor, pulsing until you have small bits. Put in a bowl and add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Whisk the wine and Sherry Reserva to emulsify.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust any ingredients.
- Brush the Extra Virgin Olive Oil onto the sliced bread and toast until desired color. Add ingredients onto bread. Enjoy!
MEDIUM SPANISH MELGAREJO PICUAL
MEDIUM SPANISH MELGAREJO PICUAL