Starters & Snacks
Looking for a snack for the road, when your hiking along some trails or just something to munch on? This sweet and savory trail mix will have you reaching your hand in for more and more. This is a recipe that is not only good to pack in sandwich bags, you can also put this in yogurt and salads.
The Gravenstein Apple is an incredibly hard varietal to find due to the difficulty farmers have cultivating it. It's grown in pockets up the coast of Northern California and prized for it's amazing ambrosia perfume, and crisp, sweet-tart cream colored flesh. Our Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic is a delectable culinary symphony. Pairing a Mild extra Virgin Olive Oil with our Gravestein Apple White Balsamic lets the flavors of the spices and the nuts come through.
- 1/4 cup Mild Portuguese Chiqitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (AKA pepitas)
- 6 dates (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 300° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour on the baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the nuts are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the trail mix to completely cool before serving. Enjoy!
MILD PORTUGUESE CHIQUITITA
We are an olive oil shop. So, of course we are going to have a bread dip recipe for you! These are our favorite ingredients mixed together. It's garlicy, herby, a little spicy, a little salty, and 100% amazing!
Now, it is always fun to add fused and infused olive oil to your recipe, but we prefer to go with an Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Our Sicilian Nocellara is complex with a lingering pepper finish followed by delayed astringency, signifying the healthy Oleocanthal content present. Contains little to no bitterness making it a superbly balanced oil. It displays savory and sweet fruit notes of green apple, sweet berry, stone fruit and slight confectionary flavors with delayed peppery sensations and a lingering spicy mouth feel.
We highly recommend mixing a large batch of the dried ingredients together and storing them in a jar. That way you have your seasoning ready!
- Onion powder
- Cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Robust Italian Nocellara Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add rest of ingredients and olive oil into shallow bowl.
- Add some Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and Parmesan cheese to bring it to the next level. Enjoy!
This is the perfect recipe for creating a twist on the clastic Italian bruschetta! Chimichurri is a flavorful sauce commonly found in South America. Typically used with red meat, we decided to try something different and added it as a sauce for bruschetta. We found that the creaminess and notes of tomato leaf in the Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil balanced the acidic bite of the Sherry Reserva, complimenting the flavorful ingredients in the sauce.
From Jerez, Spain and made in the traditional system, our Sherry Reserva 25 year aged Wine Vinegar, has a true sherry flavor that can only come from cask-aging. This Spanish vinegar is fabulous in reduction sauces, glazes and whenever strength and depth of flavor is desired. It is natural, has no artificial flavors, no thickeners, no added sugars, no caramel color or dyes, no artificial flavors and added ingredients whatsoever!
Our beautifully balanced Medium Spanish Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil has prominent notes of tomato leaf and stone fruit with a creamy center, lingering pepper, and an astringent finish. It is visually stunning and complex in flavor.
- 1 bunch flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves and small stems
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Medium Spanish Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. red wine
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 dried bay leaves, crushed in a spice grinder to a fine powder (discard any large pieces)
- Ground pepper, black or white
- 1 tomato, diced
- Asparagus or Broccoli
- Sausages, sliced (if you want to add meat)
- Artisan Bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Drizzle vegetables with Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Roast until al dente.
- Cook whatever protein you want. We suggest sausages roasted in the oven.
- Chop parsley in a food processor, pulsing until you have small bits. Put in a bowl and add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Whisk the wine and Sherry Reserva to emulsify.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust any ingredients.
- Brush the Extra Virgin Olive Oil onto the sliced bread and toast until desired color. Add ingredients onto bread. Enjoy!
ROBUST SPANISH MELGAREJO PICUAL
ROBUST SPANISH MELGAREJO PICUAL
This is a recipe that we've been extremely excited for! We have waited for the perfect time to share this one to you. And what better time than Halloween!
It is great for any fall and winter event; from Sunday football, movie nights, to any party snack. One of our coworkers, who introduced this dish to us, loves to make it when her family spends the day together, playing board games and nibbling on snacks all day.
This dish is addictive and you will find everyone climbing over each other to get their share of it. Plus, it has bacon! Everything is better with bacon!
Our Maple Balsamic is the first of it's kind. Using real 100% pure maple produced at a small family farm in Vermont, this balsamic is outrageously good! You'll step right into the fall mood with this balsamic vinegar.
Our ever popular Australian Hojiblanca is loaded with luscious fruity notes, ripe tomato and sweet garden herbs. No bitterness but a hint of pungency on the finish. It is a crowd pleaser in the delicate category.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry English mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Asiago cheese
- 3 or more strips of bacon (we make about 6)
- 1 Tbsp. Mild Austrian Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Crackers, toasted bread, or vegetables for serving
- In a large frying pan, set to medium-low heat, add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then the onions. Add the salt and cook, stirring often, until softened; about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the Balsamic Vinegar, brown sugar and 2 Tbsp. of water. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring often, until the liquid is absorbed and the onions are a rich golden brown; about 20 minutes. Spread your now onion jam on a cookie sheet and cool to room temperature. Scoop up 1/3 cup of the jam and put the rest in the fridge.
- In the frying pan cook your bacon, then let it cool. Crumble the bacon.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, and Worcestershire. Continue to beat until smooth; about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and 1/3 cup of the onion jam. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Put dip mixture in an oven safe dish. Spread the remaining 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese on top. Bake until the cheese melts and the dip begins to bubble. About 20-30 minutes. Serve with crackers or toasted bread. Enjoy!
ROBUST SPANISH MELGARJEO HOJIBLANCA
MILD AUSTRALIAN HOJIBLANCA
It's the holiday season! Like us, you are probably trying to figure out what you are going to serve your guests; especially while you are trying to prepare the dinner meal. Well, this recipe is perfect to serve out on your coffee table. You will find everyone in your family hovering over it just to get their share.
Our Fig Balsamic Vinegar is one of our most popular flavors. From Modena, this balsamic vinegar is made with natural ingredients. It is thick and ripe, bursting with fig flavor.
- Frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut eight 5 inch circles out of the dough. Use a knife to score a 1/4 inch- wide border around each pastry circle.
- Fill the center of each circle with about 2 Tbsp. of goat cheese then season with salt, pepper and sprinkle evenly with Herbs de Provence.
- Divide and place chopped walnuts in the center of the goat cheese, and then drizzle the top with honey. Repeat for each pastry circle.
- In a small bowl, whisk together one egg with 1 tsp of warm water to create an egg wash; use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash on the outside border of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
- While pastry is cooking, heat the Fig Balsamic Vinegar in a saucepan over medium-low. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat so it bubbles gently. Cook until reduced by half, it will thicken as it cools.
- Remove pastry from oven. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the pastry. Top with sprigs of fresh thyme and drizzle with additional honey before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe is fun and different. Plus! You can make these crackers and serve it with our Goat Cheese & Walnut Tart or our Bacon Onion Cheese Dip recipes we sent out to you a couple of weeks ago!
Our Herbs de Provence Olive Oil has top notes of savory, thyme and bay leaf. It is all natural and a show stopper.
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) mature sourdough starter (100% hydration)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. rye flour
- 3 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Flake salt, for topping
- In a bowl, combine sourdough starter with flours, olive oil, herbs and salt. Mix to combine, kneading until the dough comes together in a smooth ball.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Position oven racks in the upper 1/3 and lower 1/3 of oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- Cut dough in half; put one half back in the fridge while you roll out the other. Cut dough again into 4 smaller pieces.
- Roll out each piece into an oblong rectangle. You can do this with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, or using a pasta roller for super thin crackers. I like to roll my dough out to the #6 thickness setting (out of 8). If you are rolling by hand, just roll it as thin as you possibly can.
- Lay out two oblongs of dough side by side (not overlapping) on each baking sheet.
- Spritz or brush lightly with water; sprinkle with flake salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown and crispy, rotating the pans top to bottom and back to front part way through baking.
- Let cool, then transfer crackers to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Crackers will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. Enjoy!
Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend! It's always fun to have family and friends together to watch the game. Of course, let's not forget about the snacks on the coffee table. This recipe is delicious, spicy, and perfect to have on such an eventful day.
Our artisan Serrano Honey Vinegar is a Silver winner of the 2008 Sofi Award. It is sweet, tart, spicy, made from 100% honey, and amazingly complex.
Note: If you don't want your chicken bites to be too spicy, reduce the amount of Sriracha and add more honey.
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic paste, or finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste, or finely chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, or chili flakes
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbsp. All-purpose flower
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- 4 cups Cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Ranch Dressing (for serving)
- In a mixing bowl, add buttermilk, garlic, ginger, sea salt, pepper, chicken and mix everything together.
- Cover with saran wrap and let it marinate for 15-20 minutes. Drain excess liquid after.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Put the dry mixture into the bowl with chicken and mix until all the chicken pieces are coated.
- Roll each chicken piece in a bowl of crushed cornflakes and place it on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper. Make sure the chicken is spread out. If too close together, it won't become crispy. Bake at 400° F for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- While chicken is baking, in a non-stick sauce pan, add the ketchup, sriracha sauce, Serrano Honey Vinegar, honey, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook on medium heat until bubbling.
- Place the crispy baked chicken bites in a large bowl and pour as much or as little of the sauce as you'd like. The more sauce you add, the less crispy the chicken will be. Toss until fully coated. Use the Ranch Dressing to dip the chicken if in need to bring down the heat. Enjoy!
This is a beautiful summer dish to add to your repertoire. It is prefect to have while peaches are in season!
Fresh, green and herbal. Basil and olive oil are integral ingredients in Mediterranean cooking and it is obvious that the two are wonderful together. The olive oil is made from premium. Ultra fresh, extra virgin olive oil from our collection blended in small, artisan batches with 100% natural flavor.
- 1 container of ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Olive Oil
- 1 long baguette
- 2 peaches (sliced thin)
- Fresh blueberries
- Warm honey (for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta, lime juice, and basil olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Slice baguette slices and grill each piece until warmed-through and slightly crisp with grill marks.
- Spread the ricotta over the grilled baguette slices, top with peach wedges, fresh blueberries, and drizzle with the warm honey. Enjoy!