Posted: September 22, 2021
There has been several discussions and research put into what makes olive oil so good for your body. It is a main focus in our shop! We love making sure you're consuming the highest quality oil so you can live a healthier life. Our Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains high biophenols, which is the antioxidants your body needs daily. But, what exactly do the biophenols do for you?
- Contains antioxidants and monounsaturated fats which both contribute to heart health.
- Helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Increases arterial elasticity and has heart protective factors.
- Has shown evidence in the reduction of cancers and has 30 types of phenols to fight free radicals.
- Reduces the risk of stroke.
- May inhibit the compounds responsible for Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Improves insulin sensitivity to help protect against Type 2 Diabetes and manage
Posted: September 22, 2021
We always talk about the health benefits your body gains when adding our olive oil to your daily diet. Did you know that adding Balsamic Vinegar is also beneficial. Here is a list of how your health can improve when adding Balsamic Vinegar.
- Balsamic is an antiglycemic. It helps to regulate and plateau blood sugars for up to 5 hours after consumption.
- Helps aid digestion with Acetic acid (a probiotic) and boosts activity of pepsin to allow protein absorption and improve metabolism.
- Can help lower or maintain Cholesterol.
- May help improve skin health because of the antimicrobial compounds found in Balsamic Vinegar.
- May reduce Blood Pressure and Hypertension, and helps repair damage from free radicals and reduce hardening of the arteries and the effects of aging.
- Contains Biophenols which are antioxidants that protect from heart disease, cancers and inflammation.
Posted: August 05, 2021
It’s the most anticipated event every two years of our lives. The Olympic Games! For years, people have gathered together from around the world to watch our most hardworking and talented athletes to compete in these games. The Games are filled with history and it is exciting to say that olive oil and olive trees stand right along with the history of such an event.
In honor of the five Olympic Rings symbol, here are five facts about olive oil, and olive trees.
1. Blue Ring: A Gift to Winners
The olive tree is the global emblem for the symbol of victory, peace and purity. To the Greeks, they are considered a holy symbol. As part of the ancient Pan-Hellenic Olympics, there was only one winning athlete. This athlete was given a wild olive leaf crown, or wreath. This crown is considered the highest possible award in ancient Greece. An owner of one of these crowns would be guaranteed fame, honor, and respect f
Posted: July 08, 2021
It is a symbol of peace, wealth, fame, glory. It has had several roles throughout its time, from consuming it in food, used in trading, sports, to healing the sick. It’s been a part of myths and legends throughout history. It has been given several names throughout the centuries. Back as far as we can remember in history, and today, it is a staple in everyday life. We are talking about no other olive oil.
Many of us are familiar with the story in Greek mythology of the naming of Athens. Both Poseidon and Athena wanted patronage of an unnamed city in the region of Attica. Instead of fighting over claim for the city, they decided to have a competition. Whoever bestowed the most useful gift to the people would be the winner. Poseidon gave the people sea water, and Athena gave the people the first olive tree. It was chosen by the Gods that Athena was the winner and the city was named after her.