This salad is a particular favorite in one of the shop keepers family. It is a go to all season salad, but they make it most often in the summer. This bright and light side dish is great on days for grilling burgers or on a cold, raining day next to a soup dish.
Our Medium Greek Anthinolia Extra Virgin Olive Oil was harvested in early September of 2020. It is beautifully balanced and complex with notes of creamy artichoke, green and tropical fruit. We highly recommend using this Extra Virgin Olive Oil to this salad. It will add some extra fruity brightness and a little of the pungent pepper finish, found in our Ultra Premium Oil.
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, roasted
- cauliflower florets
- 3 Tbsp Medium Greek Anthinolia Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for the cauliflower
- Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Drizzle the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pinch of salt onto the cauliflower florets. Cook for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower cooks, mix the lemon juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and salt into a small bowl.
- Take the cauliflower out of oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix together. Enjoy!
Independence Day is Sunday and hopefully the weather will be perfect for grilling. Of course, any great grilling is done with a flavorful BBQ sauce. We have a recipe that adds heat and richness to your sauce.
Our Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar is an intense sweet-tart flavor. It adds depth to pan sauces, braised meats or compotes. Our naturally flavored balsamic is aged in the traditional Solera Method and comes from Modena, Italy.
To add an extra zap of flavor, we suggest using our Cayenne Olive Oil. This oil is made with whole cayenne peppers crushed with certified organic Tunisian olives. This fused oil is concentrated and has a delightful aroma. It is "hot-sweet" and flavorful with rich, ripe pepper notes like all ripened hot peppers and it's more floral and fruity. The lovely color is indicative of the abundant amount of whole, fresh peppers picked and crushed with the olives. If you're looking for heat in your BBQ sauce, look no further!
- 1 cup Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup finely minced shallots (about 1 medium)
- 2 tsp. freshly minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a low simmer until the vinegar is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add in the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in reduced balsamic vinegar, ketchup, honey, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, Worcestershire, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer and let cook until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Season with salt and additional pepper to taste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust any ingredients.
- Let it cool to room temperature before transferring to an airtight container. Can store in the refrigerator for up to a month. Enjoy!
Are you tired of the same bland side vegetables hitting your dinner table night after night? Let's face it, vegetables can be difficult to make interesting. Well, we found the perfect mix of ingredients that will make your mouth explode with flavors.
Our Medium Spanish Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil is beautifully balanced with prominent notes of tomato leaf, stone fruit, creamy center, lingering pepper, and an astringent finish. It is visually stunning and complex in flavor. This Extra Virgin Olive Oil is perfect to bring out the flavors of the avocado in the dish.
For all vegetable and non vegetable lovers, here is a recipe that will make you crave for more!
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Medium Spanish Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Serrano Chile, thinly sliced
- 1 1” piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- Sea salt
- 1 1/2 lb. medium carrots, scrubbed, halved lengthwise
- 2 avocados, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Toast cumin seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Coarsely crush the cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle, or with a flat side of a knife. Transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and honey. Whisk in 1/4 cup of olive oil until combined. Then stir in chile, ginger and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt. Let it sit until ready to serve, which will give the chile and ginger time to infuse into the sauce.
- Toss the carrots with remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt. Grill carrots turning occasionally, until lightly charred in spots and tender, 14-18 minutes. Immediately transfer carrots to the bowl with sauce. Toss to coat, season with salt.
- Arrange avacado and carrots on a platter. Spoon away remaining sauce over, then top with mint. Enjoy!
MEDIUM SPANISH MELGAREJO PICUAL
MEDIUM SPANISH MELGAREJO PICUAL