Benefits of a Diet High in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
There has been several discussions and research put into what makes olive oil so good for your body. It is a main focus in our shop! We love making sure you're consuming the highest quality oil so you can live a healthier life. Our Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains high biophenols, which is the antioxidants your body needs daily. But, what exactly do the biophenols do for you?
- Contains antioxidants and monounsaturated fats which both contribute to heart health.
- Helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Increases arterial elasticity and has heart protective factors.
- Has shown evidence in the reduction of cancers and has 30 types of phenols to fight free radicals.
- Reduces the risk of stroke.
- May inhibit the compounds responsible for Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Improves insulin sensitivity to help protect against Type 2 Diabetes and manage pre-existing Diabetes.
- Lends to a longer life.
- Improves hair and skin flexibility.
- May help with weight loss.
- Helps reduce depression.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Eases Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- May help with acne.
- Helps reduce bone loss.
A recent study suggests cooking with extra virgin olive oil can help retain and in some instances increase nutrients and antioxidants in food (treehugger.com).